Who is Sara?
Featured in literary journals, magazines, and online publications, I bring 15 years of being a published author to my work as an editor and creative coach. Studying with such great writers as Susan Carol Hauser, Lauren Cobb, Mark Christiansen, Sue William Silverman, and many more, my passion for authentic storytelling and personal narrative guide my work, and thrill me endlessly.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, Creative and Professional Writing with an emphasis in editing and publishing
- Poetry, Fiction, and Nonfiction reader for Anchor & Plume Press and Kindred Magazine
- Editorial staff of five literary journals as an undergrad
- Developed and instructed online writing workshops through A Forest of Stories, 2010-2012
- Student of Intuitive Ritual Creation since 1999 including: Spiral Door School of Women's Mysteries, Neen Namré Lillquist, Anne Pandora, and others
- Regularly attends writing workshops, readings, and conferences to hone my skills and explore the greater writing communities around me
- Creator, producer, and host of In Her Room podcast
- I've never gotten the same result from a personality test, including on the Myers-Briggs and Enneagram
- I've been reading tarot and performing personal rituals (officially) since the age of 13, but really for all of my life
- I have an incredible passion for social justice work, including confronting my own privilege and assumptions daily -- it's not easy work, but worth it
- Lifetime member of the Girl Scouts of the USA
- My secret passion dream is to be a jazz singer in a piano bar -- long, sequined dress and all